Working out has obvious health benefits, like losing weight and boosting energy, but exercise is also great for giving your libido a good old push in the right direction. When you exercise, your body produces endorphins; those feelgood chemicals which hurtle around your body making you feel invincible. Endorphins also make you feel sexy as hell. An hour spent down at the gym or, if you’re not a gym bunny, a simple jog around the block or a power walk through the park, can send hit after hit of horny endorphins spinning around your body.
The benefits of working out include:
* Increased libido – as mentioned, getting those feelgood chemicals riding around your bloodstream are going to put you in the mood for sex. Exercise with your lover, even if it’s just 30 minutes a few times a week, and see how horny you both feel afterwards. Watching each other get sweaty and breathless is a great precursor for what could happen later on!
* Instant energy – even if you’re not planning sex, the energy boost regular exercise gives you shouldn’t be underestimated. If you’re constantly tired or stressed and think that you just don’t have time to exercise as well, think again. Small amounts of exercise will actually give you the extra energy you need to deal with the other stuff that’s stressing you out. Go back to basics, by putting aside a half hour each day to just get that heart pumping. Afterwards, you’ll find yourself completing daily tasks in half the time, with energy left over.
* Keeps a steady heart rate – we don’t pay enough attention to our heart, because we can’t see it, it’s just ‘there.’ But we obviously can’t live without it, so you need to start taking care of the most important organ we have. Maintaining a steady heart rate is important in keeping everything else healthy. If you make your heart work too hard, through stress, worry and, yes, over-exercising, then it means the heart is distracted from its real purpose – pumping blood around our bodies and looking after our other organs. Healthy exercise strengthens our heart muscles, which regulates blood flow, which keeps every other part of us working the way it should.
* Relieves stress – it’s those endorphins again. When we’re stressed, tired or anxious, that can lead to depression if we don’t do something about it. Depression loves to latch onto tired people, but you have to start treating depression and stress as physical symptoms (not mental ones) which can be cured by physical action. There is increasing evidence to suggest that depression is not always a mental, emotional disease, but a very real physical one. To combat depression, physical movement like exercise has been proven to work wonders, because the good feelgood chemicals attack the ‘downer’ chemicals which make you feel so low.
* Helps you focus and stay alert – we all feel foggy at one time or another, and that’s because the blood flow to our brains slows down when we’re not moving. Sitting at the office desk, or in front of the TV, it’s easy to get tired and lethargic. Paying attention at work can be difficult if your brain can’t focus properly. Regular exercise leads to increased blood flow, a more alert brain, and increased focus.
* You’ll look good! – one of the most obvious reasons for working out, is the physical benefit you’ll enjoy. Losing a few pounds, toning up those muscles, is going to get you noticed. And who doesn’t feel great when other people pay you attention? Exercise doesn’t just make you feel good, it makes you look good. And if you love the way you look, then that in turn boosts your self-confidence and makes you feel super sexy.
Sexy workout classes
Working out is one thing, but not everyone likes to go to the gym, go to workout classes, or exercise at home to workout videos. But you can still get a good workout by doing other things which, to you, are much more stimulating and fun to do. The important thing about any exercise is that you have to enjoy it, it should never be a chore, otherwise what’s the point? So finding something physical and fun, goes a long way to making you feel good…and sexy. You’ll also boost your own self-confidence because you’ll start to look twice as amazing as you did before, and you’ll feel a million times more sexual.
Some of these classes below will literally get your juices flowing, so be prepared to feel hot all evening long. Take these classes alone, with friends, or tell your partner about them and ask him to join you. You can always surprise him, too, with a gift token for a special, sexy exercise class you can do together. If you’re a more private couple, there are DVDs you can use together so you can tone up, and strip off, in the comfort of your own home.
No one has to know that you’re taking pole or lap dancing classes – it can be your sexy little secret – but the thrilling thing is that you’ll know. It will be like a naughty little private thing that only you and maybe your partner know about, which will in turn make you feel more sexual. Even if you’re not with a partner, take these classes anyway to boost your sexual confidence. Plus, when you have more confidence, that’s going to show on the outside and you’ll suddenly find yourself irresistible to the opposite sex.
Pole dancing is becoming a very popular way to stay in shape. It’s fun, sexy, completely accessible and, most importantly, it gets every single muscle working, including your heart. Sometimes exercise can be dull, so pole dancing adds that extra bit of kick to your fitness routine and, trust me, there’s no better way to tone those arms, legs, tummy and butt, than throwing yourself around a shiny metal pole! After even a short time, you’ll become more flexible, supple and have more stamina, which is definitely going to come in handy in the bedroom.
Pole dancing will also boost your self-confidence, as well as your body confidence. It’s a fantastic way to just let yourself go and shed those inhibitions, and that’s going to make you feel super sexy. You can use some of the moves you’ve learned to spice things up with your lover, maybe give him a pole dancing show as part of your foreplay (you can buy poles to install at home.) Pole dancing classes are springing up all over the world, especially in the US, and all kinds of women go along, they’re not all supermodels. So if the gym isn’t for you, try something new.
Burlesque is a style of erotic dancing suitable for everyone, whatever size and shape you are. It’s about performance, about showing off what you’ve got and being confident doing it. We’ve all seen Dita Von Teese, Sally Rand and Gypsy Rose Lee, strutting their stuff and looking like the most confident people in the world – but it’s all in the performance, the act, and there’s no reason why you can’t do the same. If you’re not happy with the way you look or you just lack self-esteem, burlesque dancing is the ultimate way to shed those insecurities and discover a whole new side to yourself.
A burlesque class will teach you how to love every lump, bump and curve of your body and, more importantly, make you want to show them off. As well as being a great confidence booster, burlesque dancing is fantastic exercise, too. If you want to tone up or learn how to be more flexible, a burlesque class is the perfect solution. If you’re a bit shy, then buy a burlesque video where you can learn moves in the comfort of your home. Then, once people start noticing your new body and new self-belief, you won’t mind telling them how you got them.
Lap Dance Classes
If you want to get really steamy, both in and out of the bedroom, then learn how to lap dance. Like burlesque and pole dancing, there are classes opening up all over the place, and the girls who attend are a real mix of sizes, shapes and ages. But don’t be fooled by those easy-looking shimmies and shakes, because lap dancing can be serious exercise! Combining dancing with slow, sexy moves, takes coordination and stamina, so you’ll be giving your body a proper muscle workout as you learn all the moves. Lap dancing is a fun way to initiate foreplay with your lover, and what guy is going to say no to a sexy woman bumping and grinding up against him? It’s a huge turn on, for both of you, so look for a class near you.
If you’re feeling more energetic, then dance classes are the way to go. Choose something sexy like salsa, tango, or swing. Most dances also require a partner, so joining a class is a great way to make new friends and boost your confidence. Health-wise, dancing works your heart and really gets the blood pumping, which makes you burn calories faster, and will strengthen your core balance. Your butt and legs will become firm and toned, and your coordination will improve drastically. Look at shows like Dancing With The Stars. How many times do you hear of the contestants losing weight as they rehearse and perform over the weeks? Dancing is a fabulous way to shed the pounds, build muscle, and increase your stamina. You’ll feels sexy, confident, energetic and ready for some dancing of a different kind – in the bedroom.
This is a great thing to do if you want to work those abdominal muscles, especially. Belly dancing centers most activity around the tummy and pelvis, but it’s a whole lot more fun than doing crunches or stretches down at the gym. Plus, you get to wear some very sexy clothes that’ll transform you into a real tigress as you dance. As well as toning your tum, you’ll learn how to build on your inner core, how to balance properly, and how to move your body in a way that not only looks sexy, but feels sexy to you, too. And your lover is going to be keen to see what you’re learning, week-on-week, so if he’s good, you can give him a free show.